(MURFREESBORO) Local author Bonnie Tinsley will be at Linebaugh Public Library on Saturday, August 10, 2019, from 10:00AM until 1:00PM. She will be signing copies of her recently published memoir Against Every Hope: India, Mother Teresa, and a Baby Girl, published by WordCrafts Press April 2018.
Selected as a featured author by the 30th Annual Southern Festival of Books, this story follows Tinsley and her husband as they climb every mountain and meet every challenge in their journey to adopt a baby girl from Mother Teresa's Orphanage in Darjeeling, India, during the turbulent years of India's battle for independence from Britain in the mid-1970s. This captivating tale shows us just how mystifying our own realities can turn out to be if we find ourselves with enough courage to pursue our dreams.
Tinsley is currently an adjunct professor of Latin at Middle Tennessee State University and recognized as Tennessee's Distinguished Latin Teacher for 2008 by the Tennessee Classical Association. Prior to teaching, Tinsley worked as a professional writer for The Straits Times, Singapore and served as Assistant Director for Public Affairs for the National Parks of Singapore in the 1990s.
Hardback copies of Against Every Hope will be available for purchase for $32.99 at the signing.
The Rutherford County Public Library System has several branches:
- Linebaugh Public Library is located at 105 W. Vine St. in Murfreesboro
- Smyrna Public Library is located at 400 Enon Springs Rd. West in Smyrna
- Eagleville Bicentennial Public Library is located at 317 Hwy 99E in Eagleville
- MGL Library is located inside Patterson Park Community Center at 521 Mercury Blvd. in Murfreesboro
- The Technology Engagement Center is located at 306 Minerva Drive.
Explore, Imagine, Engage through RCLS. For more information, call 615-893-4131 or visit www.rclstn.org.