(Murfreesboro, TN) Greenhouse Ministries launches its new initiative, Greenhouse Ministries RESPONDS to help in the midst of the local, national and worldwide COVID-19 pandemic.
During the COVID-19 crisis is taking appropriate precautions to protect their staff, volunteers, clients, and customers. They have implemented the protocols recommended by the CDC. Additionally, they temporarily shut down the donation center to avoid cross contamination issues, but remain open to provide for distributing emergency food bags that are pre-packaged daily to help the most vulnerable.
"Our generous community has been asking to volunteer and assist. We decided to wait until the April 6 date established by the mayor of Murfreesboro's state of emergency announcement and honor our Governors request to limit contact, but we're still providing essentials to the most vulnerable in our community", said Bill Rawnsley, Greenhouse Ministries CEO.
During that time, Greenhouse has developed a five-pronged response:
1. They have prepackaged 125 reusable shopping bags with essential food and are identifying the most vulnerable and preparing to make deliveries to them very soon.
2. They are stocking up on the most used items donations by the community--such as non-perishable foods, toiletries, hygiene products, and baby diapers/food.
3. They are offering on-line ZOOM classes to assist their clients with critical questions and practical life skill training.
4. They are preparing for the anticipated delayed demand for donations and laying out the process to expedite the sorting, sizing, stocking, and distribution.
5. They are collaborating with other agencies throughout Rutherford County to provide the most recent information regarding services and new methods.
Greenhouse Ministries is committed to helping their clients and those hit the hardest by the recent crisis and aftermath with practical services, while adjusting their delivery systems to help people with new methods.
Here's how the community can help:
- Donate baby diapers particularly sizes 3-5, mall toiletry items including toothpaste and toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo and bars of soap.
- Donate cans of fruit, meat, and vegetables as well as breakfast foods including pancake mix with syrup, oatmeal, cereal, soups, tomato sauce and pasta.
- Donate household goods including toilet paper, paper towels and liquid soap.
- Donate spring and summer clothes as well as shoes, flip flops, and socks.
- Financial donations to fill in the gap of missing items.
- Volunteer individually or with a group. Greenhouse is planning outreach days to deliver into the neighborhoods and will need people to help prepare the packages to be delivered.
- Provide administrative assistance to continue to process our client files.
- Assist in setting up 10-minute ZOOM classes with critical life skills. Both teaching and developing of the materials.
- Assist in processing donations.
- Greenhouse Ministries is posting the on-going needs on our website under the Greenhouse RESPONDS page at https://www.greenhousemin.org/
For more information please contact us at 615-494-0499 or visit https://www.greenhousemin.org/