(MURFREESBORO) Murfreesboro Medical Clinic (MMC) is now providing on-site, drive-through, testing for COVID-19. However, until testing kits become readily available, MMC will only be testing those who have been screened and referred by the Rutherford County Health Department (100 W. Burton St.) or local physicians.
That's right, at this time--you must first be referred to Murfreesboro Medical Clinic by either the Rutherford County Health Department or your local physician. There are no walk-ins allowed at this time.
Drive-through testing will be located in the south parking lot at MMC's main location on 1272 Garrison Drive and will be open Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 3:00pm. *See directions and map on page 3.
In our community, there has been confusion around the difference between screening and testing.
- Screening is a questionnaire to evaluate symptoms and risk of exposure.
- Testing is the actual swab used to collect the sample, which is then sent off to a laboratory.
NOT EVERYONE WILL BE TESTED
In order to be tested on-site at MMC, patients must follow the instructions below.
- Patients MUST be screened by the following and have a referral to be tested:
- To be screened by the Rutherford County Health Department please call, (615) 898-7880.
- At this time only a handful of local provider offices will be able to refer patients to MMC for testing. This is subject to change.
- Once patients have been screened and referred for testing, they will receive a text message with registration information that must be completed in order to be tested.
General Public who have not been screened and do not have a referral will not be allowed to enter the drive-through line.
The public will only need to be screened and/or possibly tested if they are symptomatic and exposed to a person known to have tested positive COVID-19.
Screening questions include:
- New Dry Cough
- Shortness of breath
- Exposure to a person known to have tested positive for COVID-19, not speculated, only confirmed to be positive
- Has returned from international travel or a cruise within the last 2 weeks
Once patients are tested, they are to immediately head home and self-isolate until notified of their test results. MMC will be calling with test results as they are received. The current turnaround time is 5-7 days. This is subject to change dependent upon volume.
"My team has been working tirelessly over the past two and a half weeks to assemble a coalition of partners to provide this needed service for our community," says Dr. Nicholas Coté, Family Medicine Physician and MMC Board President. "Rutherford County is my home, where my family and friends live, it is very personal and important to me to ensure that my organization is taking all measures possible to ensure the health and welfare of my community."
Murfreesboro Medical Clinic's Drive-through testing would not be possible without a coalition of partners who are supporting this effort.
- Rutherford County Health Department
- Tennessee Department of Health
- Murfreesboro City Police
- Quest Laboratory
- Genetworx Laboratory
Murfreesboro Medical Clinic is a multi-specialty, physician owned medical practice, committed to offering patients the best of both primary and specialty care within their community. For more information about Murfreesboro Medical Clinic & SurgiCenter, please visit mmclinic.com.