The Rutherford County Library System has re-opened some aspects of their libraries in Rutherford County as the COVID-19 Pandemic slows. Executive Director Rita Shacklett told WGNS...
The book mobile is visiting different areas of the community and offering wi-fi services four days per week.
Currently, an opening date for normal operations has not been released. However, staff are on hand at all library locations in Rutherford County so that books and other items can be checked out and returned.
- Linebaugh Public Library is located at 105 W. Vine St. in Murfreesboro.
- Smyrna Public Library is located at 400 Enon Springs Rd. West in Smyrna.
- Eagleville Bicentennial Public Library is located at 317 Hwy 99E in Eagleville.
- MGL Library is located inside Patterson Park Community Center at 521 Mercury Blvd. in Murfreesboro.
- The Technology Engagement Center is located at 306 Minerva Drive.
To use curbside service for pickup of available holds, visit the Rutherford County Library System app or rclstn.org website and search the online catalog for an item. Place the hold, and once you've received notification of its availability, you can visit the library between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., parking in the pull-off area on Church Street, text or call the curbside number 615-809-9225, giving staff your name and library card number. They will check the items out and bring them to your car. This service will continue for the foreseeable future, to enable patrons to continue to use caution due to potential health risks. You can also ask that items be placed on the book mobile and then pick your items up at their designated stop.