Heavy rainfall in the past three days has equaled creeks, streams and rivers flooding into area roadways, according to the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office.
There are a total of 21-roads in the Rutherford County area that are closed due to flooding, as of Friday morning. Below is a partial list of some the more traveled roadways that had to be shut down, due to high waters. You can see the entire list of CLOSED ROADS HERE.
• Stones River slab.
• County Farm slab.
• Elam Mill slab.
• Christiana-Fosterville road slab at Highway 269.
• Goochie Ford Road slab.
• Short Creek Road.
• Powells Chapel Road slab.
• Sulphur Springs Road at Shacklett Road.
• Vaught Road at the slab.
• Rocky Fork Road at Kedron Church Road.
• Hardee Road at Raines
• Sulphur Springs Road at Buckeye Valley Road.
• Bradyville Pike toward Dilton Mankin Road.
• Franklin Highway near Kingwood Lane.
• Old Salem Highway at Rockvale.
• Burleson Lane, Justice and Old Nashville Highway.
• Royal Glen subdivision on Franklin Highway.
• Mount Herman Road at Weeks Road.
See a map of area roadways that are flooded HERE.