Habitat for Humanity volunteers continue to do positive work throughout Rutherford County. One of the homes being built right now is being constructed by employees from the Nissan plant in Smyrna.
Melissa Cross with Habitat for Humanity told WGNS that two future homeowners include Alice and Wayne...
Anyone can apply for a home with Rutherford County's Habitat for Humanity program, but those who apply have to be willing to put in sweat equity and more. They also must be willing to go through a series of financial classes to better understand and prepare for the cost of a mortgage. Prospective Habitat homeowners must demonstrate a need for safe, affordable housing.
Scroll down for more on Habitat for Humanity homes in Rutherford County, TN...
Future Habitat for Humanity homeowners – continued...
Habitat’s homeowner selection is managed at the local level, right here in Rutherford County. The same is true for Habitat for Humanity operations all across the country.
In addition to building new homes, Habitat also:
• Repairs and renovates existing housing.
• Helps communities clean and rebuild after natural disasters.
• Leads holistic neighborhood revitalization efforts.
• Advocates for fair and just housing policies.
• Accepts and re-sells donated housing materials through their ReStores.
• Provides microloans for home improvement in many international locations.
Need information on becoming a Habitat for Humanity homeowner? Click Here!
More than 39-million individual have been helped through Habitat for Humanity since 1976.
Read another story about Habitat for Humanity HERE.