(SMYRNA, TN) Taylor Cruze, a former fifth-grade teacher at John Coleman Elementary School is free on $100,000 bond and her plea hearing is set for September 28, 2022. She was indicted last week by the Rutherford County Grand Jury for 19 sex crimes. This was after posting videos on Tik Tok.
Cruze faces the following charges:
- 5-counts of Exploitation of a Minor by Electronic Means of Juvenile under 13.
- 5-counts of Exploitation of a Minor by Electronic Means.
- 5-counts of Especially Aggravated Sexual Exploitation of a Minor.
- 3-counts of Solicitation of a Minor - Rape of a Child .
- 1-count of Sexual Battery by an Authority Figure.
As a result of the police investigation, Cruze was suspended without pay on May 2, 2022. She submitted her resignation in writing to the Rutherford County School System 20-days later and is no longer employed. The first-year educator allegedly committed these crimes in the 2020 - 2021 school year.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.