Rutherford County Mayor Joe Carr:
- Middle Point Landfill is almost full and may close in 3-years.
- Series of events have happened over the past few months and brought this to a head.
- Republic says their contract broken with the actions by the 4-County Waste Management group, and they could close the gate locally any time.
- When the landfill closes, we will need to truck our trash--he addresses who pays that bill.
- Recycling is a necessity, but the conversation with Pratt of Alabama does not have enough time to be enacted in the potential window that Mayor Carr is referring to.
- Mayor Carr says, "We must manage growth".