Rutherford County - TN (October 5, 2022) Rutherford County EMT- P Peggy Woodard and EMT- P Joe Pimentel are in Fort Meyers, Florida assisting victims of Hurricane Ian. Many of the affected areas of this category 4 storm have been compared to third world countries.
The crew is enduring difficult living conditions including limited water, food, fuel and electricity. Public Safety Director Chris Clark stated, “We are extremely proud of their professionalism and desire to help those in need, and we are so blessed to live in the greatest state and county. The Public Safety professionals across this county are the finest out there!”
“I am extremely proud of the willingness of RCEMS employees to volunteer at a moment’s notice to go and help the people in need. Our EMS providers are the true definition of a servant and show why we are known as the volunteer state. They did this knowing they would be gone from their families for up to 15 days. This county is blessed to have providers like Peggy and Joe,” reflected Emergency Medical Service Director Brian Gaither.
Disaster deployment requires personnel to respond to various situations. Woodard and Pimentel have been running 911 calls, evacuating hospitals and nursing homes and providing stand by coverage for recovery efforts. Mayor Joe Carr expressed, “Our county is home to the most experienced and talented first responders that are so committed to community service they are willing to sacrifice the comforts of their own home to render assistance in the most harrowing conditions.”
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- The final run for The Middle Half is This Saturday in the 'Boro... read more
- Public Meeting in Murfreesboro to Discuss Design of Skatepark and BMX Track... read more
- UPDATE: Middle TN Electric Helping Florida Residents in Storm Aftermath… read more
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Names NICU in Honor of Lee and Susan Moss… read more
- Inaugural Walk 4 Water to be held in Smyrna, TN on Oct. 16th… read more
- Rutherford Co. Sheriff's Office SCAN Program Received Award... read more
- Murfreesboro Property Taxes Due December 31, 2022… read more
- New MTSU Student Admin to Build Equity Efforts for At-risk-students… read more