(RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TENN.) On Monday morning, the average price of regular unleaded gas throughout Tennessee stood at $3.25 per gallon, making the Volunteer State the 6th least expensive state to buy gas in.
Rutherford County has one of the lowest prices at the pump, averaging is $3.10 per gallon, which is cheaper than all but one neighboring county. Coffee County has Rutherford County beat, with an average price per gallon of $3.09 for regular unleaded fuel. Neighboring Williamson County has the highest average price of gas in Tennessee, where the price-per-gallon is $3.57.
Murfreesboro has the lowest price on fuel right now with a handful of gas stations charging between $2.86 and $2.95 per gallon. In LaVergne and Smyrna, multiple gas stations have fuel priced at $2.99 per gallon (regular unleaded), while other convenient stores were charging as much as $3.05 per gallon Monday morning.
When examining all 95-counties in Tennessee, Rutherford County has the 4th lowest price of fuel in the state, as of Monday morning. Carrol County has the lowest price at $3.05 per gallon, followed by Coffee County at $3.09. Henderson County and Rutherford County are neck and neck at $3.10 however, Henderson County is averaging closer to the $3.09 mark while Rutherford County is closer to the $3.11 price-point.
The national average price of gasoline has risen 6.2 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.78/gallon on Monday (11/07/22). The national average is down 11.5 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands 37.8 cents per gallon higher than a year ago, according to GasBuddy data compiled from more than 11 million weekly price reports covering over 150,000 gas stations across the country.
Historical national average of gasoline prices going back ten years:
- November 7, 2021: U.S. Average: $3.41/g
- November 7, 2020: U.S. Average: $2.10/g
- November 7, 2019: U.S. Average: $2.64/g
- November 7, 2018: U.S. Average: $2.73/g
- November 7, 2017: U.S. Average: $2.55/g
- November 7, 2016: U.S. Average: $2.20/g
- November 7, 2015: U.S. Average: $2.22/g
- November 7, 2014: U.S. Average: $2.93/g
- November 7, 2013: U.S. Average: $3.21/g
- November 7, 2012: U.S. Average: $3.46/g
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
- Chattanooga / Hamilton County, TN: $3.18/g, down 9.5 cents per gallon from last week's $3.26/g.
- Nashville / Davidson County, TN: $3.20/g
- Memphis / Shelby County, TN: $3.43/g
"Just over half of the nation's 50 states saw gasoline prices rise last week, pulling the national average back up for the time being due to big jumps in the Great Lakes and continued increases in New England and mid-Atlantic states," said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. "For now, the rise in the Great Lakes, brought on by tight supply, has already started to ease, and declines should start again. In the northeastern U.S., prices are likely to inch up a bit more. National diesel supply remains tight, but supplies of diesel did see a slight rise last week. The majority of stations, especially away from the East Coast and Northeast, should have very few issues with diesel supply, though some stations in those regions could see diesel delivery times slip. Brief outages at a limited number of stations are possible, but with refineries continuing to churn out product and maintenance wrapping up, I'm optimistic the situation will improve."
Source: GasBuddy is the authoritative voice for gas prices and the only source for station-level data. GasBuddy's survey updates 288 times every day from the most diverse list of sources covering nearly 150,000 stations nationwide, the most comprehensive and up-to-date in the country. GasBuddy data is accessible at http://prices.GasBuddy.com.
Additional WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Bumper-to-Bumper at Middle Point Landfill
- Saturday Morning Fire at DuSan Apartments in Murfreesboro Area
- MPD: Have You Seen These Individuals?
- Students Participate in Mock Election
- Dump Truck Vs. Trailer Truck Accident, LifeFlight Called
- Sheriff’s Deputy Patrol Vehicle Involved in Accident