(RUTHERFORD COUNTY) One person is deceased following a two-vehicle crash around mid-day Sunday (1/8/2023). 78-year-old Will Harris died on the John Bragg Highway (US 70 South) near B & W Market.
Tennessee Highway Patrol Sgt. Joe Grinder told NewsRadio WGNS that Harris was driving west (toward Murfreesboro) in a Pontiac Sunfire. Reportedly, he initiated a left turn in front of a KIA Forte traveling in the opposite direction. Both of the compact cars collided, spun into the guardrail, and stopped.
The KIA was driven by 22-year-old Roman Sotelo. Trooper Grinder told WGNS that Sotelo was injured, but the severity was not divulged. The fatal crash occurred in Rutherford County.
In addition to the Highway Patrol, the Rutherford County Sheriffs Office and Rutherford County Emergency Medical Services worked together at the scene.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Additional WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Pictures and Audio from the Saturday Polar Bear Plunge!
- Man Allegedly Breaks Into a Local Preschool and Stays for Over an Hour
- New Bridges to be Built Over I-24 and the Stones River
- UPDATE: Names of Those Involved in Double Fatality Accident Released
- VA Hospital is Hiring Nurses during a Hiring Fair on Thursday (01/12/23)
- Murfreesboro City Council OK's WastAway Biogas Faciltiy / Design