(Murfreesboro, TN) The City of Murfreesboro is moving forward with their 2040 Major Transportation Plan and extending Rutherford Boulevard to connect to Warrior Drive, which means the construction of a new bridge over I-24… That was Chris Griffith, Executive Director of Public Infrastructure for the City of Murfreesboro. The bridge will go over the interstate between the I-24 interchanges of New Salem Road and South Church Street. An exact timeline for the road project has not been announced.
A second new bridge will span the width of the Stones River and will soon connect Beasie Road with River Rock Boulevard in Murfreesboro… Bell and Associates submitted the lowest bid that equals $8.2-million. At least $1-milion of that figure will go towards water lines running along the bridge and across the river. The approved bid was $1.2 million under budget. The city plans to have the bridge completed by May of next year (2024).
Scroll down to view the plans to build a new bridge over the Stones river near LazyDays RV, which will extend Beasie Rd. to River Rock Blvd.
Additional WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- UPDATE: Names of Those Involved in Double Fatality Accident Released
- Talks of The Idea of Bringing BACK JazzFest in Murfreesboro, TN
- UPDATE: Charges Against Shoplifters are Pending
- VA Hospital is Hiring Nurses during a Hiring Fair on Thursday (01/12/23)
- Murfreesboro City Council OK's WastAway Biogas Faciltiy / Design
- Murfreesboro Council Greenlights WastAway biogas facility solid waste solution
- Some Local Residents Want to Revive JazzFest in Murfreesboro
- Annual report on Tennessee child well-being finds notable decline in child poverty
- Murfreesboro Center for the Arts Presents "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"
- Former LaVergne High School AND Virginia Commonwealth University Athlete Dies
- $12,000+ Theft / Fraud Case in Murfreesboro, TN Area
- Rutherford Co. School Students Participate in Healthcare Career Program
- Resident Informs Murfreesboro Council of Homeless Encampment
- This Saturday – You Can Take the Polar Bear Dip in the Polar Bear Plunge
- Woman Wanted for Questioning in Vacuum Cleaner Theft / Refund Case
- The Flu in Tennessee – Take Precautions Now as Flu Numbers Rise
- The Local “House of the Mayors” is Now a Memory
- Apply for Your Child to Attend the Discovery School in Murfreesboro
- I-24 Christmas Day Murder Case Remains Under Investigation