Rutherford County, TN - The United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties is gearing up for its annual signature fundraising event, Red, White, and Bayou. This year’s event will take place on May 5th, 2023 at The Grove at Williamson Family Farm.
This year’s event is co-chaired by Francela Salas, Community Relations Coordinator at Redstone Federal Credit Union, and Robin Seay, Real Estate Agent with PARKS Realty. The two are certainly a dynamic duo in all areas of life, work, and philanthropy. Salas and Seay are both long-time supporters of your local United Way and are excited to make this year’s signature event one to remember.
“It is such an honor to be asked to chair United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties’ biggest annual event, Red, White, and Bayou. It's an even bigger honor to chair this event with my best friend. I personally look forward to the event each year and I am excited to participate in the event in a slightly bigger capacity this year. Through United Way and events like this, we are able to give back to our community in large capacities,” shares Seay.
Salas shares the same passion for supporting this event in a new role. “United Way is such an important pillar to our community, and we feel so honored to chair such an amazing event together.”
For more than 65 years, the United Way has been the unifying force that brings together community leaders, organized labor, faith-based groups, corporations, nonprofit organizations, and government to positively change community conditions. When you support United Way through events such as Red, White, & Bayou, you join a network dedicated to building a better life and a stronger community, for everyone.
United Way’s Red, White, and Bayou is set for Friday, May 5, from 7 - 10 p.m at The Grove at Williamson Family Farm. The VIP Reception, which is available to sponsors at the $500 level or higher, will begin at 6:00 p.m. Guests will enjoy beverages, light hors d'oeuvres, and live music. Dinner will immediately follow at 7 p.m. The attire is casual. All in the community are welcome to attend.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available through March 20th. Dinner tickets are also available at $100 per person and can be purchased through the United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties website. For more information, please visit www.yourlocaluw.org/redwhiteandbayou.
Additional WGNS Headlines:
- Man Previously Named as a Blackman Assistant Wrestling Coach Charged
with Multiple Counts of Sexual Contact with a Minor by an Authority Figure
- TBI: Former Murfreesboro Man Charged with ID Theft and with
Impersonating a Licensed Professional when Allegedly Providing COVID Tests
- Support the Child Advocacy Center at the Hometown Heroes Walk for Children!
- Community Investment Trust Committee on Contributions
scheduled to meet at Municipal Airport Tuesday Afternoon
- UPDATE: 2020 Murder Investigation Headed to Court in April
- Commentary: Being Masculine in Today’s Times
- Great Granddaughter of the 28th Tennessee Governor Passes Away in Murfreesboro
- 12-Year-Old from Murfreesboro, TN in Need of a Kidney
- New Indoor Soccer Facility in Murfreesboro to Open this Spring
- Smyrna High School Senior to Receive UT Athletic Scholarship, Despite Injuries
- Interpretations of the Same Set of Facts Equal
Two Different Stories to Tell, by MTSU Professor Larry Burriss