Rutherford County, TN - The Rutherford County Soil Conservation District will give away bare-root tree seedlings to Rutherford County landowners. Weather permitting, they will set up outside the USDA Office, Suite 150 & 152, at the Lane Agri-Park Complex, located at 315 John R. Rice Blvd, (alternate location in case of bad weather will be at the Lane-Agri Park Livestock Barn). They will begin giving away the tree seedlings on Wednesday morning, March 22, 2023, at 9:00 a.m.
The species available are Pin Oak, Persimmon, Yellow Poplar, Silky Dogwood, and Red Mulberry. They will be given away on a first-come, first-serve basis. There will be a limit of five (5) trees per landowner. If you have any questions, call the office at 615-893-9295 extension 3.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Man Convicted of a Murfreesboro Rape Sentenced This Week
- New Bill to Help Fund Rutherford County School Growth
- Rutherford Co. and Murfreesboro City Schools Closed Friday
- Free Bare-Root Tree Seedlings for Local Residents
- Tri-Star StoneCrest Hosts Rutherford Co. School Students
- Unemployment Rate in Tennessee Holds Steady
- Local Lawyer Announces $30,000 Raised to Help Others