Rutherford County, TN - The renewal period for TennCare insurance in the state of Tennessee is about to re-open, after being shut down for quite some time. During the COVID Pandemic that renewal process was paused because the government was operating under a state of emergency. Therefore, TennCare recipients remained insured and did not have to submit updated paperwork to renew their coverage.
Now that the state of emergency has been lifted, TennCare is re-opening the renewal process… That was Aimee Luna with the Legal Aid Society. If you’re currently on TennCare, you should be receiving a renewel package in the mail. Postal workers will begin delivering the packages in April, but because mailings will be in groups, you may not receive your package until May or June. Luna highlighted just a few of the categories that make residents eligible for TennCare…
IMPORTANT: It’s important to note that if you changed your address over the past two years, your renewal package will likely be mailed to your previous address. The Legal Aid Society in Rutherford County said it's important to make sure that TennCare has your correct mailing address. You can learn more and/or update your information with TennCare by visiting TennCareConnect.TN.gov. You can also call TennCare at 855-259-0701.
Hear the entire interview with the Legal Aid Society on the Rutherford Issues Podcast Page HERE. Need help with TennCare enrollment? Contact the Legal Aid Society in Murfreesboro, TN at 615-890-0905 or 800-238-1443.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- New Floodplain Administrator for the City of Murfreesboro
- The Price of Gas and Diesel this Week in Rutherford County
- Liberty's Station is Helping those with Obstacles find Purpose
- Commissioner Craig Harris and his Commentary on Hollywood
- UPDATE: Pursuit ends with Spike Strips and Self Inflicted Wound
- Historic Rock Wall to Remain at Site of New Fire and Ambulance Station in Lascassas
- Gallagher Guitar Co. to Celebrate 58th Birthday in Murfreesboro