UPDATE - Rutherford / Cannon County, TN – WGNS is continuing to follow information from FEMA and the Small Business Administration about aid that is available for residents that have suffered property damage, as a result of the storms that locally impacted Rutherford and Cannon Counties on March 31 and April 1, 2023.
FEMA has opened seven Disaster Recovery Centers in Tennessee, two of which are in Rutherford and Cannon Counties. Disaster survivors can get information and advice about community, state and federal agencies and other available assistance at the Disaster Recovery Centers.
While FEMA cannot provide or duplicate funds for items that are covered by your insurance provider, it is still a good idea to file a claim with FEMA because the agency may pay for items that your insurance doesn't cover. FEMA Media Relations Specialist Kim Keblish told WGNS News... Rutherford County has a temporary Disaster Recovery Center at the Rockvale Community Center. The center is open Tuesday, May 2, 2023 through Saturday, May 6, 2023. FEMA reports their hours of operation are from 8 AM to 7 PM.
In Cannon County, the Disaster Recovery Center is at East Side Elementary School. The center is open from 7 AM to 7 PM, Monday through Saturday.
Of the seven centers, four are at fixed locations that are open Monday to Saturday; three centers are at sites that change locations weekly and are open Tuesday to Saturday. All centers are closed on Sunday.
The recovery centers are staffed with trained FEMA specialists and representatives from Tennessee state agencies and the U.S. Small Business Administration. These specialists can clarify information provided by FEMA or other agencies and help survivors of the March 31 to April 1, 2023, storms and tornadoes get updates on their applications.
- Previous WGNS News Story about FEMA in Rockvale HERE. For additional details, visit FEMA.gov/disaster/4701. Hear our previous interview with FEMA and the Small Business Admin. HERE.
- FEMA will be ON-AIR with WGNS' Bryan Barrett Tuesday morning at 10:15 AM - Listen to our LIVE Streaming HERE.
Rockvale Community Center
9972 Rockvale Road
Rockvale, TN 37153
East Side Elementary School
5658 McMinnville Highway
Woodbury, TN 37190
Additional Locations / Counties:
- Lewis County: Lewis County 911 Center
- Haywood County: Haywood County Justice Complex
- Wayne County: Lincoln Brass Works
- Tipton County: Dyersburg State Community College
- McNairy County: The Latta Theater