Tennessee State Troopers remain on the look-out for a driver who was involved in a fatal hit-and-run accident that occurred directly off of Midland Road. The incident happened just over the Rutherford County line in Bedford County. The man who was killed was on an electric scooter when struck by the oncoming vehicle that fled the scene without rendering aid or calling for help.
Authorities confirmed the accident occurred early Monday morning around 1:30 AM. The victim was 36-year-old Andres Velazquez, who was the father of two children - - ages 6 and 9. According to a GoFundMe that was set-up after his death, Velazquez was described as a "He was a very happy and joyful person and he would always get along with everyone."
CAN YOU HELP THE HIGHWAY PATROL?
The THP asks, "If anyone has any information, please contact THP Lawrenceburg dispatch at (615)744-3091."
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- The Argument to KEEP AM Radio in New Cars
- MTSU Names 5-Metro Officers as Honorary
Professors – Read the Story to Find Out Why?
- THP: Fatal Hit and Run on Midland Road
- Murfreesboro Medical Clinic Remains
Closed After Criminal Cyber Attack
- 6-Hometown Heroes at Hometown Heroes
Walk for Children in Rutherford County
- $14.2-Million in Grant Funds for Rutherford
County to use towards Water Infrastructure
- Smyrna Kid's Safety Day is This Saturday
- Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Get New Patches
- MTSU Star Party This Friday – FREE Event