RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TN - Rutherford County’s high school BASS Teams had an outstanding performance in the recent state fishing tournament. During the event, held on Douglas Lake in East TN, three RCS teams secured a spot in the Bassmaster High School National Championship.
From Eagleville School:
- John Mullins and Jayden Douglas
- Jacob Sledge and Ethan Hargrove
From Siegel High School:
- Carter Hazlett and Christian Ferguson
The High School Championship, the highest level of bass fishing for high school students, is set to take place on Lake Hartwell in South Carolina this July. This is the first time Eagleville has had more than one team qualify for the championship.
Rutherford County Schools announced that they wish these anglers the best of luck as they go to showcase their talent on the national stage.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Owner of Opioid Treatment Programs Settles Allegations of PPP Fraud & Controlled Substance Act
- 2023 Vehicle Break-Ins in Murfreesboro and Gun Thefts
- Greenhouse Ministries FREE Fix-It Fair and Bike Repair
- MTSU Students Seek a Big Splash in Solar Boat Competition
- Blood Supply is Low - Give the Gift of Life in Rutherford Co.
- Proposed Rutherford County Property Tax Hike of More Than 15%
- Suspect in the Murder of a Smyrna Gas Station Clerk to Undergo a Mental Health Evaluation
- The Cost of Child Abuseis in the Billions Throughout Tennessee
- Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office Bike Patrol Proves Effective
- Shelbyville Police Investigating Non-ProfitDirector for Financial Exploitation of the Elderly
- Paid Summer Internships Connects MiddleTennessee Teens to Career Building Opportunities
- Status Hearing Scheduled for Suspect Accusedof Wrecking SUV into Smyrna High Athlete in St. Louis
- Murfreesboro Police Release Name ofPickup Truck Driver Killed in Accident this past Sunday
- 2023 Murfreesboro Murder Case Involvingthe Stabbing of a Roommate Bound Over to the Grand Jury