MURFREESBORO, TN - Runners, walkers, and cancer fighters of all ages will once again lace up their sneakers for the Forget Me Not 5K Run or Walk that is being planned for later this year. The Gr8t Chase 5K event supports area childhood cancer patients and other children diagnosed with a life altering illness on Saturday, October 14, 2023.
This year’s event will be at Gateway Island in Murfreesboro, TN. Participants will enjoy scenic views along the United States Track and Field (USTAF) certified 5K route.
Race organizer Jennifer Yeatts stated, “For many, this event is an annual reunion in the fight against cancer where the community comes together to honor loved ones lost and to encourage other childhood cancer heroes on their cancer journey.” Event proceeds benefit children and their families throughout our community whose lives have been disrupted by illness. Yeatts said, “We have pictures of the past recipients of the proceeds of this race along the trail to keep our runners and walkers motivated.”
While the race is a professionally chip timed race, don’t let that intimidate you, because it is a family-oriented event. Participants will be in different race brackets, so if you’re going to walk the route with your children, organizers encourage your participation and strollers are welcome.
Race / Walk Details: The 5K race is professionally chip timed with trophies for the top male and female overall finishers, and medals (gold, silver, and bronze) in seven age divisions (10-year increments). This race is for all ages and families. Strollers and wheelchairs are welcome.
Registration is $35 for the run/walk, and $30 for a virtual, T-Shirt only option, available for those who wish to participate but cannot attend. All entries registered before October 1, 2023, include a Gr8t Chase Forget Me Not 5K race shirt.
Memorial and encouragement bags will once again be available for decoration and will be displayed along the start/finish line to honor loved ones.
Packet pick-up and late registration will be from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday, October 13th at Hanks Two Doors Down at 2333 Memorial Blvd, Murfreesboro, TN.
You can register or find out more information on Vendor Spaces ($50) or Sponsorship Opportunities online at TheGr8tChase.org.
Again, event proceeds benefit children and their families throughout our community whose lives have been disrupted by illness.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Man on Probation in Rutherford County Ordered Back to Prison for Violating the Sex Offender Registry
Now, he Appeals - Shortly, After Learning he will have to Serve Over 15 Remaining Years Behind Bars
- Owner of Opioid Treatment Programs Settles Allegations of PPP Fraud & Controlled Substance Act
- 2023 Vehicle Break-Ins in Murfreesboro and Gun Thefts
- Greenhouse Ministries FREE Fix-It Fair and Bike Repair
- MTSU Students Seek a Big Splash in Solar Boat Competition
- Blood Supply is Low - Give the Gift of Life in Rutherford Co.
- Proposed Rutherford County Property Tax Hike of More Than 15%
- Suspect in the Murder of a Smyrna Gas Station Clerk to Undergo a Mental Health Evaluation
- The Cost of Child Abuseis in the Billions Throughout Tennessee
- Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office Bike Patrol Proves Effective
- Shelbyville Police Investigating Non-ProfitDirector for Financial Exploitation of the Elderly
- Paid Summer Internships Connects MiddleTennessee Teens to Career Building Opportunities
- Status Hearing Scheduled for Suspect Accusedof Wrecking SUV into Smyrna High Athlete in St. Louis
- Murfreesboro Police Release Name ofPickup Truck Driver Killed in Accident this past Sunday
- 2023 Murfreesboro Murder Case Involvingthe Stabbing of a Roommate Bound Over to the Grand Jury