Talk about an odd situation, a cashier at Murfreesboro Water and Sewer opened an envelope the water company received in the mail and inside was some type of a substance. The worker accidentally got some of the material in her nose. The victim had to seek medical attention after the substance caused an irritation.
Murfreesboro Police arrived and according to a report, the substance appeared to be marijuana. Why someone would send the water company an envelope with marijuana inside of it is a question both the water company and the police department would like answered. So far, that answer has not been revealed.
The other odd part about this story, the return address and name on the envelope was actually the return address and name of a property owner on Somerset Drive in Murfreesboro. That property owner is a Murfreesboro Water and Sewer customer, but it's not known if the customer is the one who mailed in the weed.
As far as the woman who accidentally got some of the marijuana in her nose, it is not uncommon for someone to be allergic to the plant. A marijuana allergy can cause skin problems if the plant is handled. A skin irritation may include itching, redness, a rash or hives.
MPD Incident Report #14-15407