Overloaded Electrical Circuit Started Motel Fire

  Email   Print

(MURFREESBORO) Here is an update on Sunday morning's fire at the Jackson Motel, 831 NW Broad Street. The Fire Marshal's Division of Murfreesboro Fire Rescue Department has determined that an overloaded circuit possibly caused the blaze.

Fire Marsal Carl Peas said, "This time of year, people need to avoid plugging too many things into outlets and extension chords. As the holidays near, do not leave ovens and stoves unattended. Also, as the temperature drops, people should be careful using alternative heating sources."

And here is good news on the two injured persons, the man and woman who suffered smoke inhalation have both been released from the hospital.

ADVERTISEMENT



A third victim escaped the burning motel room, but was unharmed. He was checked out at the scene by paramedics as a precaution.

The fire began around 8:46AM Sunday (11/24/2019) morning. Heavy smoke could be seen from Fire Station #4 on Medical Center Parkway as well as Fire Station #1 on Vine Street, downtown.

ADVERTISEMENT



The burning room sustained heavy smoke and fire damage. The second-floor room also sustained smoke damage. Electricity to the two rooms was turned off, but the motel still has power. The displaced guests were relocated to vacant rooms.

Read more from:
News
Tags: 
fire, Jackson Motel, MED, MFR, Murfreesboro, overloaded circuit, RCEMS, WGNS
Share: 
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: