As the cold weather and ice continue, we will likely see more power outages throughout Middle Tennessee. Thankfully, Rutherford County has not seen as big of an impact as that of neighboring counties.
Amy Byers with Middle Tennessee Electric said the problem with ice storms is that it is more widespread…
Byers told WGNS that there are typically three different things that cause problems with electricity in ice storms…
On Tuesday night at 6PM, approximately 20,000 homes in Tennessee were without power. Some restoration efforts may take 1-3 days to be fully restored. But again, Rutherford County has not seen a major power outage problem during this winter storm.
Areas that Reported Power Outages on Tuesday Evening:
- 10,000 customers in Putnam County
- 2,600 customers in Bedford County
- 140 customers in Cannon County
- 1,500 customers in Coffee County
- 1,500 customers in Fentress County
- 2,000 customers in Overton County
- 800 customers in Moore County
- 250 customers in Pickett County
Previous report and news story on power outages Tuesday Morning - HERE