Five new Rutherford County Sheriff Deputies completed six weeks of training to work at the Rutherford County Adult Detention Center.
Training Sgt. Phillip Davis said the training included classroom instruction and spending time on the job with a field training officer.
Some of the classroom instruction includes:
- Tower operations and central control.
- Officer safety.
- Control of illegal drugs.
- Escort of inmates.
- Verbal de-escalation and use of force.
- Inmates’ rights, grievances and discipline processes.
- Cultural diversity.
- Suicide prevention and mental health training.
- Substance abuse.
- Jail management system.
- Security threat groups.
- Drug identification.
- Inmate communication.
- Chemical weapon certification.
- Defensive tactics training.
- Duty to intervene.
There are more positions available in detention. People interested may apply online at https://rutherfordcountytn.mysmarthire.com/jobs/2420.html.