Average gasoline prices in Tennessee have fallen 16.2 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.75/g to start the week on Monday (08/01/2022), according to GasBuddy's survey of 3,821 stations in Tennessee.
In Rutherford County, TN, the price of gas is down by an average of 16 cents per gallon this week (08/01/22). On Monday morning, the average price for regular unleaded fuel was $3.52 per gallon in Rutherford County. If we break down the numbers by city, Murfreesboro is the cheapest place to buy gas right now with an average of $3.38 per gallon (Regular Unleaded) – that’s .17-cents cheaper than last Monday. Smyrna also comes in 17-cents less than last week, with an average of $3.52 per gallon. LaVergne has the highest prices this week at $3.65 per gallon, which is only .15-cents cheaper than last Monday.
Statewide, prices in Tennessee are 69.0 cents per gallon lower than a month ago and stand 87.9 cents per gallon higher than a year ago. The national average price of diesel has declined 14.8 cents in the last week and stands at $5.27 per gallon.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Tennessee was priced at $3.14/g yesterday while the most expensive was $4.90/g, a difference of $1.76/g. The lowest price in the state yesterday was $3.14/g while the highest was $4.90/g, a difference of $1.76/g.
Historical gas prices in Tennessee and the U.S. average going back 10-years:
- August 1, 2021: $2.87/g (U.S. Average: $3.16/g)
- August 1, 2020: $1.90/g (U.S. Average: $2.18/g)
- August 1, 2019: $2.43/g (U.S. Average: $2.72/g)
- August 1, 2018: $2.63/g (U.S. Average: $2.87/g)
- August 1, 2017: $2.08/g (U.S. Average: $2.32/g)
- August 1, 2016: $1.88/g (U.S. Average: $2.12/g)
- August 1, 2015: $2.37/g (U.S. Average: $2.65/g)
- August 1, 2014: $3.27/g (U.S. Average: $3.51/g)
- August 1, 2013: $3.39/g (U.S. Average: $3.62/g)
- August 1, 2012: $3.30/g (U.S. Average: $3.52/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
• Chattanooga- $3.62/g, down 13.4 cents per gallon from last week's $3.76/g.
• Nashville- $3.70/g, down 19.0 cents per gallon from last week's $3.89/g.
• Huntsville- $3.80/g, down 12.3 cents per gallon from last week's $3.93/g.
“We continue to see average gas prices falling in every state, with the national average down for the seventh straight week. Even better, nearly 20 states have also seen their average decline to $3.99 or less, with over 70,000 stations now at that level or below," said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. "The outlook is for a continued drop in most areas, however, some supply tightness in areas of the Northeastern U.S. could push prices up slightly until inventories rise, or imports do. For now, Americans are seeing prices nearly 90 cents lower than their mid-June peak and are spending close to $330 million less on gasoline every day as a result. As long as oil prices hold at these levels or lower, we'll see another decline in most areas this week."
SOURCE: GasBuddy is the authoritative voice for gas prices and the only source for station-level data. GasBuddy's survey updates 288 times every day from the most diverse list of sources covering nearly 150,000 stations nationwide, the most comprehensive and up-to-date in the country. GasBuddy data is accessible at http://prices.GasBuddy.com.
More WGNS News Headlines: