Murfreesboro Police were called by a loss prevention worker at Walmart on Joe B. Jackson Parkway at South Church Street in regards to a case of swindling.
Evidently, a 33-year-old Murfreesboro man entered the store and grabbed a pair of boots, motor oil, a body pillow and windshield wipers. With the odd combination of merchandise in hand, the suspect made his way to the customer service desk. There, he proceeded to return the goods to the store.
Accepting the returns with a smile, the man was handed $68 in cash along with a $52 Walmart Gift Card... all for his fraudulent returns. After taking the goods back, the culprit headed for the exit. Little did he know, every step of his shopping expedition was caught on camera - even his return transaction at customer service. The man fled the scene in a red Ford Fusion.
Authorities believe they have positively identified the customer, who will be facing misdemeanor theft charges if and when he is caught.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Additional News Headlines You May Have Missed on WGNS:
- Shelbyville Man Shot and Killed
- Fire at Bill Rice Ranch
- MTSU Helps with Heat Mapping for At Risk Population
- Gas Prices This Week in Rutherford County, TN
- Annual Paws & Pearls Event
- Monkeypox and COVID Numbers are UP
- Rutherford Co. Sheriff Participates in School Safety Summit
- For those Age 60+, Meet New Friends and Stay Healthy
- Most Unfaithful Cities for Marriages