Hummingbirds will be the featured guests at Barfield Park in Murfreesboro this Saturday (Sept. 3, 2022). Dawn Thomas with the parks and rec. department told WGNS News there will be lots of activities for kids set up, but the most interesting part of the day will include a researcher from Southeastern Avian Research… Multiple feeders are set-up at the park and lot’s of Hummingbirds are on hand as they prepare for migration. The event will be at the Wilderness Station in Barfield Park
Live Banding Schedule: 7:30AM to 10:30AM and again between 1PM and 3PM
There are two migration periods: spring and midsummer through early fall. These are the two periods when the most hummingbirds will visit yards and parks, if there is an abundance of nectar at parks or in your backyard garden.
The Barfield Park Wilderness Station is located at 401 Volunteer Road (Murfreesboro, TN 37128).
Additional News Headlines You May Have Missed on WGNS:
- Shelbyville Man Shot and Killed
- Fire at Bill Rice Ranch
- MTSU Helps with Heat Mapping for At Risk Population
- Gas Prices This Week in Rutherford County, TN
- Annual Paws & Pearls Event
- Monkeypox and COVID Numbers are UP
- Rutherford Co. Sheriff Participates in School Safety Summit
- For those Age 60+, Meet New Friends and Stay Healthy
- Most Unfaithful Cities for Marriages