A suspect WANTED by authorities in the Auburntown (TN) area just over the Rutherford County line, was located and arrested. On Monday (09/05/22), Devin Anthony Young was taken into custody and transported to the Cannon County Jail.
Just one day prior on Sunday (09/04/22), the Cannon County Sheriff’s Department told the community of about 300-residents, that the 36-year-old had escaped their custody while being arrested. Young was being apprehended for felony possession of meth, theft under one-thousand dollars, violation of probation, and resisting arrest.
The Tennessee Department of Corrections previously listed Young as an absconder. He was serving a 6-year-sentence for three-counts of aggravated assault that occurred in March of 2019. That case originated in Cannon County, Tennessee.
On Sunday, Sheriff’s Deputies reported the man escaped their custody shirtless with his hands in handcuffs and behind his back. He fled the long-arm of the law barefoot. Prior to being captured on Monday afternoon around 2:30, he was last seen running down Bryson Street in Auburntown.
The Cannon County Sheriff’s Office announced a special “Thank You” to all of the citizens and Rutherford County Sheriff’s Deputies that assisted with the case over the Labor Day Weekend.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Other WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Suspect who allegedly escapped from custody apprehended in Auburntown, TN
- Public Meeting on Wednesday about Middle TN Electric / City of Murfreesboro Land Swap
- Rifles and Ammo Stolen from Christiana - Fosterville Area Home
- Jogger who was kidnapped in Memphis, TN beleived to be found dead - One arrested
- Gas Station in Smyrna where Clerk was Murdered to Donate .50-Cents Per Gallon to Family of Nick Patterson