(MURFREESBORO, TN) Motherhood is a challenge, especially if you’re alone. That’s why living in a supportive environment can make a world of difference for a single mother.
LawnStarter put together a ranking of the best cities for a single mom to live in 2022.Their study focused on larger cities that have a population of at least 100-thousand residents. Specifically in the Volunteer State, Murfreesboro was ranked as the best place for single moms, beating out Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga and Memphis.
When examining cities throughout the entire country, Murfreesboro was rated as the 45th best city for single moms out of 200 cities nationwide. In the category of affordability, Murfreesboro was ranked as the 5th best place, meaning the ‘Boro is the 5th most affordable place to live in the country. Murfreesboro also ranked well for the availability of child care, placing at number 59 out of 200-cities with number 1 being the best.
Some of the metrics in the study included safety, affordability, child care availability, work-life balance, the quality of schools and more.
Other Tennessee Cities on the List
(#1 is the best and #200 is the worst)
- in TN and #45 (Nationwide) Murfreesboro, TN
- in TN and #72 (Nationwide) Knoxville, TN
- in TN and #119 (Nationwide) Chattanooga, TN
- in TN and #127 (Nationwide) Clarksville, TN
- in TN and #172 (Nationwide) Nashville, TN
- in TN and #180 (Nationwide) Memphis, TN
Nationwide, the number 1 city of single moms is Roseville, California, followed by Naperville, Illinois at number 2 and Portland, Oregon at number 3 on the list.
The worst city for single moms, according to the LawnStarter survey, was Detroit, Michigan, which was ranked at number 200 on the list of 200-cities.
Best Cities for Single Dads - When it comes to single dads, Murfreesboro didn’t rank tops for Tennessee. The ‘Boro was at number 3 on the list of best cities for single dads in Tennessee, with number 1 being Knoxville, followed by Chattanooga at number 3 on the list. Just behind Murfreesboro at number 4 was Nashville.
Nationwide, Naperville, Illinois was the number 1 city for single dads, followed by Overland Park Kansas and Sioux Falls, South Dakota at numbers 2 and 3.
See more details on the single moms list on the LawnStarter website (HERE).
More WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Teen Killed in Accidental Shooting Wednesday
- The Human Connection and Rutherford Co. Virtual Schools
- Murfreesboro Police Investigate Stolen Car Case
- Authorities Trying to Identify Men on Video after Parking Lot Shooting
- Private School in Murfreesboro is Now Under TSSAA for Football
- More Rules on the Banning of Parties at Airbnb Rentals in Rutherford Co. and TN
- Halloween Events in Murfreesboro and Smyrna on Oct. 29th
- Name of Pilot Killed in Tuesday Airplane Crash Released
- Local Non-profit to Hold Free Fix-It Fair on Saturday
- Haunted Hijinks for Halloween in Murfreesboro and Smyrna
- Missing Man in Murfreesboro Killed in Bike Accident on 231 South