MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – A stolen check that was reportedly written to the tune of more than $4,700 was allegedly used to purchase a Toro brand zero-turn radius lawn mower. Murfreesboro Police say the mower was purchased at a Chattanooga Home Depot store this past September. The check, that authorities say was fraudulently written, belonged to Management Marketing Concepts, a property management and rental company in Murfreesboro.
Evidently, a person of interest was caught on camera at the Home Depot store in Hamilton County, Tennessee when the purchase was made. The subject on video was seen buying the mower and later loading it into a trailer that was attached to a dark colored pickup truck.
The MPD released a video of the suspect (below), in hopes of someone recognizing him or knowing of his whereabouts. If you have any information that would be helpful in solving this case, please contact Detective Rice at 629-201-5550.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- UPDATE: Wildfires in Warren County, TN
- Families of Crash Victims to Honor Loved Ones at Rock Springs Middle School
- Middle Tennessee Electric in the Lineman Rodeo
- 326 Driving and Drug Related Offenses in Rutherford Co.
- Arrests Made in Murfreesboro Kidnapping, Extortion and Robbery Case
- UPDATE: Murfreesboro Skatepark in Planning and Design Phase
- Suspect Charged with Wife's Murder Scheduled for Court in November
- Drug Take-Back Event on Saturday
- Ongoing Scams in Rutherford and Bedford Counties