Plans for the Murfreesboro Parks and Rec. Department to build a Skatepark are moving forward… That was parks director Nate Williams. A public input meeting was held earlier this month at the MOAB Bike Shop and two more public input meetings are expected in the near future. Parks and Rec Officials plan to build concrete bowls and ramps for skaters of all ages... The future skatepark will be built in Old Fort Park in the location of where pavilions 1 and 2 once stood.
If the budget allows, the parks aim to build a pump track next to the skatepark. The pump track could be used by BMX and Scooter riders of all ages.
A pump-track consists of a circular loop with rollers or hills, mixed with berms. When the bicycle rider rides correctly on the track, no pedaling or minimum pedaling is required to maintain momentum. If on a scooter, there would be minimal kicking to propel the scooter forward and movement would involve the rider pumping their arms as they follow the rolling hills. No timeline on when the skatepark will be built has been announced, but WGNS will continue to follow the progress of this story.
See the previous WGNS News Story about the skatepark HERE.
MORE WGNS News Headlines:
- Suspect in Wife's Murder to Appear in Court Next Month
- Beware of Ongoing Scams in Rutherford County Area
- Trunk or Treat in Front of the TN Driver’s License Testing Station in Murfreesboro
- Suspect in Walter Hill Public Indecency Incident Arrested
- Recent Walk 4 Water Raises Enough Funds to Build Almost 8 Wells in Third World Areas
- COMMENTARY: Mental Well Being is Not So Well
- New LaVergne Fire Station to hold Groundbreaking Ceremony
- Local Author to be at Special Book Signing in Murfreesboro
- Shoplifting Case Added Up to Nearly $10,000