(Rutherford County, TN) The Middle Point Landfill continues to be an ongoing concern, as it is nearing capacity... That was Rutherford County Mayor Joe Carr who further elaborated news about the county building a transfer station for local garbage… Trash will be unloaded from incoming trucks locally and loaded to outgoing trucks. The waste will then be transported to landfills or recycling companies outside of Rutherford County until further solutions are met. Those further solutions could include a company transforming waste into useable products for construction, retail or fuel.
Mayor Carr said a big part of the landfill filling to capacity, revolves around the landfill accepting trash from nearby cities and counties. Carr said 70% of the municipal waste at Middle Point came from areas outside of Rutherford County, with the biggest percentage coming from Nashville.… Carr said the county cannot enter into any new agreement with Republic Services until they agree to no longer accept trash from other areas. When the landfill does reach capacity or its end-of-life, Republic Services will have to monitor the landfill site for an additional 50-years.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Free Pet Food for Animal Lovers Having a Hard Time
- Murfreesboro Police Investigating Bank Fraud Case
- Drive-Thru Christmas Light Display in Murfreesboro
- Shoplifting Incident at Old Fort Parkway Store
- Female Allegedly Held Captive for 3-Days
- Friday Tree Lighting on Historic Square
- Commentary about Keeping Up with Technology
- 39% of Tennessee Mortgages in 2021 were 3% or Under
- Local Hospital Inspired by Greenhouse Ministries and Giving Back
- Local Restaurant Featured on America’s Best Restaurants