(Murfreesboro, TN) Two annual events are nearing as the close of the year is right around the corner. The New Year’s Day 5k will take place this Sunday on New Year’s Day at 10AM. The run will be at Barfield Crescent Park. The deadline to register for the event is this Thursday night at 8 PM at packet pick-up (Packet pick-up will be at Patterson Park Community Center between 6AM and 8PM).
The annual Polar Bear Plunge will take place next Saturday (January 7, 2023) at the SportsCom outdoor pool in Murfreesboro. While last weeks tempertures took a nose dive into the single digits and Rutherford County recorded a negative 20-degree windchill, the weather on January 7th will likely be a bit milder… That was Assistant Parks and Rec. Director Thomas Laird.
Funds raised at the 2023 Polar Bear Plunge will go towards the Special Olympics… The Arctic plunging will get underway at 10 AM on January 7th, but pre-event excitement will start at 8:30 that Saturday morning with music, inflatables, a costume contest and more! Murfreesboro has held the annual Polar Bear Plunge at SportsCom for the past 20-years.
Additional WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Another Shoplifting Incident Ends with an Arrest in Murfreesboro
- How Much do Most Spend on Monthly Bills in Murfreesboro, Smyrna and LaVergne?
- More Phone Scams in Middle Tennessee - Beware
- Child Sex Abuse Victims Can Have a Hard Time During / After Holidays
- Middle Tennessee Electric Comments on Recent Blackouts
- Don’t Leave Leftover Boxes of Your Expensive Gifts Outside Your Home
- Silver Alert for Middle TN Man Cancelled
- Investigation into Christmas Murder on I-24 Continues
- New State Laws for 2023 Start on Sunday, January 1st