(Rutherford County, TN) The Show Must Go On, that according to Rutherford County School Board Chair Tammy Sharp, in regards to the annual JazzFest that has been held on the Murfreesboro Square for over 25-years. However, upcoming JazzFest concerts will not be on the square in the future after previous organizers announced plans to discontinue the annual event. Shortly after Sharp heard plans to can the show held each May, she and others decided to figure out a way to continue the concerts at a new location.
Sharp was keen on continuing the show one weekend a year, because so many school students are involved in annual performances at the JazzFest... A meeting that focused on keeping the JazzFest alive was held this past Friday at the Fountains at Gateway…
Fountains at Gateway along Medical Cener Parkway looks to be the future home of the 2023 JazzFest. If anyone would like to help with the planning of the new JazzFest or learn how they can contribute to the upcoming concert, contact Tammy Sharp who serves on the Rutherford County Board of Education (click here for her contact information).
Previous News Story on the idea of continuing JazzFest HERE.
Additional WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Pictures and Audio from the Saturday Polar Bear Plunge!
- Gas Prices in Rutherford County This Week
- Dead Body Found at Four Corners Marina on Sunday
- Fatal Accident on the John Bragg Hwy in Rutherford Co.
- Man Allegedly Breaks Into a Local Preschool and Stays for Over an Hour
- New Bridges to be Built Over I-24 and the Stones River
- UPDATE: Names of Those Involved in Double Fatality Accident Released
- VA Hospital is Hiring Nurses during a Hiring Fair on Thursday (01/12/23)
- Murfreesboro City Council OK's WastAway Biogas Faciltiy / Design