There was a deadly auto accident on I-840 early Tuesday morning. The wreck occurred near the Arno Road exit about 5-miles past the Triune / Arrington exit on I-840-West.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol reported both vehicles were in the westbound lane when they collided. One vehicle slammed into a guardrail while the other vehicle went into the grassy median divide. As a result of the accident, one person died in the crash and another was transported to a nearby hospital with what were described as critical injuries.
All westbound lanes of I-840 had to be shut down for several hours between Murfreesboro Road and Horton Highway, which is the exit for Triune, Arrington, Eagleville and Shelbyville.
Additional WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- UPDATE on a 2020 Murder that left 22-year-old dead in Murfreesboro
- Missing 14-Year-Old in Murfreesboro
- Continued: Multiple LaVergne Police Officers Terminated After Sex Scandal
- NAACP President, History Professor to Headline MLK Observance
- JazzFest in Murfreesboro: The Show Must Go On!