(Middle Tennessee) Two Murfreesboro beer brewers are lending a helping hand in the “Pick Up For A Pint” event this Saturday. During the special day, craft beer fans will gather at more than 20 breweries statewide this weekend and enjoy a local beverage, which will be secondary to the task ahead of them.
Members of the Tennessee Craft Brewers Guild are hosting the second-annual “Pick Up For A Pint” litter cleanup events slated for Saturday, January 21. Patrons of all ages who appreciate the state’s natural beauty will be able to score a free pint, of a beverage of their choice, after picking up litter in the vicinity of their favorite taprooms.
Inspired by Nashville-based Jackalope Brewing Company’s efforts, “Pick Up for a Pint” provides an opportunity for individuals to give back to their community through litter clean up and to learn more about recycling, all while supporting and joining their local brewery.
“Brewers are committed to sustainability and preventing litter in their neighborhoods, and ‘Pick Up for a Pint’ highlights that effort,” said Sharon Cheek, Guild executive director. “Giving back to the community is important to our members, and this is a great opportunity to work with local volunteers and partners.”
The following Middle Tennessee Guild members are participating in the event:
- Mayday Brewery (Murfreesboro)
- Cedar Glade Brews (Murfreesboro)
- Common John Brewing Co (Manchester)
- East Nashville Beer Works (Nashville)
- TailGate Brewery Headquarters (Nashville)
- Tennfold (Nashville)
- BS Brew Works (Springfield)
- Kings Bluff Brewery (Clarksville)
- New Heights Brewing Company (Nashville)
- The Black Abbey Brewing Company (Nashville)
- Jackalope Brewing Company (Nashville)
- Half Bath Brewing (Hendersonville)
Volunteers will gather at their local brewery one hour before the taproom opens. Volunteers will then spend about 45 minutes cleaning up the surrounding areas, followed by 15 minutes of sorting recyclables and larger waste items. For more information on how to sign up for the event, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4fa9a728a0ffc07-middle#/.
About The Tennessee Craft Brewers Guild: The Tennessee Craft Brewers Guild is a 501(C)6 nonprofit membership organization representing independent craft breweries across Tennessee. It exists to advance the interests of and serve as the collective voice for the Tennessee craft brewing industry. For more information about the Guild, visit www.tncraftbrewers.org/.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Special Fundraiser to Take Less Fortunate Students Shopping for School Clothes
- Theft of Cellphone at Local Truck Stop Under Investigation
- Gifts of Bicycles are Changing the Direction for Some in Murfreesboro Area
- UPDATE: Additional Details on the Sale of Barrett Firearms
- Celebrated Comedian Henry Cho Performing in Murfreesboro
- UPDATE: Rutherford County Schools have CHOICE School Options