Murfreesboro, TN - Murfreesboro Police have another shoplifting case in their files that requires assistance from the community… In this report, an unidentified individual entered the Stones River Town Centre, formerly known as the Stones River Mall, and headed to the Finish Line shoe and clothing store. Once inside the athletic apparel store, police report the culprit grabbed about $3,000 worth of merchandise and stuffed it into several bags.
Before exiting the store, the subject was caught on video standing in front of a large mirror. It almost appeared as if the subject purposely stopped in front of the mirror to admire themselves, or maybe to ensure all the loot was properly stowed away in the bags.
Pictures released by the MPD clearly show the person of interest wearing some type of head covering. In an up-close headshot of the subject, it looks as if their face was being scrunched together, maybe even with tape beneath the head covering. That cover also hid the persons neck, but it's not known if it was being worn for religious purposes, or to simply hide the identity of the culprit. It’s also possible that the subject was not wearing the cover for religious purposes and instead, wearing the cover to confuse or mislead others from their true identity. Police further reported the stolen goods were confirmed to mainly consist of men’s Nike clothing.
After grabbing the goods, the alleged thief made their way to the exit, never stopping to pay for the merchandise. At this point, no one has been able to identify the subject who allegedly stole several thousand dollars’ worth of apparel from Old Fort Parkway area store. If you know who this is, please contact MPD Detective Worden at 629-201-5637 or by email at email@example.com.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Smyrna Continues to have the Lowest Unemployment Rate in Rutherford County
- Woman Identified in "Elderly Female" in Shoplifting Case
- Farm Credit Mid America Returns $230-Million in Patronage
- UPDATE: Police Continue Investigating Drag Racing Incident that Resulted in a Death
- UPDATE: Two to Appear for Trial in Rutherford County TennCare Fraud Case
- Oakland High School Senior is 2023 Play Like a Girl Trailblazer
- UPDATE: Bedford Co. Man to Face Sexual Exploitation of a Minor Charge
- Murfreesboro Police Attempt to Identify Elderly Female in Shoplifting Case
- 3-Students from Riverdale Recently Performed at Carnegie Hall
- New MTSU Education Dean Looks to Build Up Existing Excellence
- Late TSSAA Historian Nelson Smotherman Remembered at State Tournament
- 25 Murfreesboro City Schools Teachers Receive Gifted Endorsement
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford goes Blue for Colon Health Month
- Colon Cancer is the 2nd Leading Cause of Cancer-Related Death for Adults