Murfreesboro, TN - Three students from Riverdale High School, Tawni Phakousonh, Madison Raney, and Elexis Thepthongsay, recently had an honor that most will never experience in their entire lifetime. The trio were chosen to perform at Carnegie Hall's High School Honors Performance Series in New York City. The performance took place last month on February 4, 2023, when they performed alongside the Honors Treble Ensemble.
Participation in one of the five Honors Ensembles was limited to the world's top high school performers. Acceptance is due to the talent, dedication, and accomplishments demonstrated in the student's applications and audition recordings.
At Carnegie Hall, students were directed by Dr. Jeffery Redding, a world-renowned Choral Conductor. Dr. Redding also received the 2019 GRAMMY Music Educator Award, which is given to one outstanding music educator in the United States each year.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- UPDATE: TennCare Fraud Case in Rutherford County Courts
- Oakland High School Senior is 2023 Play Like A Girl Trailblazer Award Winner
- UPDATE: Bedford Co. Sexual Exploitation of a Minor Suspect to Apperar in Court in April
- Murfreesboro Police Attempt to Identify "Elderly Woman" in Shoplifting Case
- 25 Murfreesboro City Schools Teachers Receive Gifted Endorsement
- Murfreesboro Police Looking for Fraud/Theft Suspect
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Goes Blue For Colon Health Month
Colon Cancer is the 2nd Leading Cause of Cancer-Related Death for Adults
- Murfreesboro Police Serve Search Warrant at Atlas Street Home
- The Murfreesboro Coffee Marathon is Going on Now
- 44-Year-old missing woman in Murfreesboro located
- COMMENTARY: The Opioid Epidemic in Rutherford County
- TBI Outsourcing Hundreds of Sexual Assault Kits
- UPDATE: Habitat for Humanity Subdivision is Growing
- MTSU’s Jacquet Jazz Festival April 1
- COMMENTARY: The Alex Murdaugh Murder Case
- UPDATE: No Injuries in Saturday Car Fire in Smyrna
- Reeves-Sain Drug Store Reopens
- Cheapest Gas in Rutherford County and the State
- TN National Guard: Smyrna’s 45th Civil Support Team changes command