Murfreesboro, TN - First Baptist Church of Murfreesboro is hosting a free concert this Saturday, April 22, 2023. The musical event will feature Pat Terry at 6:00PM.
When singer/songwriter Pat Terry takes the stage, he brings his history with him. Those who followed his music throughout the seventies and into the early eighties will recognize the songs that inspired young audiences and blazed a trail for the new and rapidly growing Christian Music genre. Others may recognize the country hits he co-authored throughout the following two decades, including Travis Tritt's first number one record, Help Me Hold On, Tanya Tucker's, It's A Little Too Late, and Sammy Kershaw's, National Working Woman's Holiday.
Other artists who've covered Terry's songs include Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, John Anderson, and Tracy Byrd. Coming full circle, Terry went back to his singer/songwriter roots in the mid-2000's, releasing his own CD entitled Laugh For A Million Years. The album featured his own version of Someplace Green, which was made popular by The Oak Ridge Boys.
In 2019, Terry released his latest work, How Hard It Is To Fly. Performing an intimate solo/acoustic show, Terry will appear in concert in the Fellowship Hall at First Baptist Church of Murfreesboro, 200 East Main Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37130 on Saturday, April 22nd. The concert will also feature Third Thursday Roots, who will be opening for Terry. Admission is free and the Welcome Center doors on Spring Street will open at 5:30PM. Again, the show will begin at 6:00PM.
Need more details? Contact the church office at 615-893-2514 for more information.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Persons of Interest Identified in Local Theft of Light Fixtures Case
- $250,000 in Items Seized from Middle TN Metal Company
- 4th Annual MMC Storybook Breakfast - Fundraiser for United Way
- Education Starts at Home and Supporting Local Teachers
- Free Comic Books to be Given Away by Rutherford Co. Library Branches
- Convicted Rapist in Rutherford Co. Receives 100-Year Prison Sentence
- New City Park to be Located in Blackman Area
- Local Police Department Mourns Loss of Lieutenant to Cancer
- Are You Eligible for FEMA Funds After March 31/April 1 Storms?
- EVENT: Earth Day This Saturday on Murfreesboro Square
- EVENT: Possibility Place to Host Bowling Event on Saturday
- EVENT: Barnabas Vision Hosting Family Event April 29th
- COMMENTARY: What is Political Correctness?
- TN Moves to 10th Least Expensive Market for Gas