(RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TN) Average gasoline prices are down in Rutherford County and we are starting the week-off with an average price of less than $3.00 per gallon for regular unleaded fuel. Currently, the average price per gallon is holding at $2.96 in Rutherford County.
In nearby Nashville, the average price for regular unleaded is sitting at $3.06 per gallon. In Bedford County, the average per gallon price is ringing the bell at $2.95 per gallon, one penny cheaper than Rutherford County. In our immediate area of Middle Tennessee, Williamson County has the highest average per gallon price at $3.49 per gallon (reg. unleaded).
Across the state, the average price at the pump is $3.14 per gallon, while the national average is $3.66 per gallon. Tennessee is currently the 5th least expensive state for motorist to refuel in, according to GasBuddy.com. Over the past 14-years, the highest average price Tennessee has seen at the pump was recorded earlier this year on June 12, 2022, when gas was selling for $4.64 per gallon. The lowest price on record since 2008 was hit on January 2, 2009, when the price dipped down to $1.45 per gallon.
The national average price of gasoline has risen 3.2 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.66/g today. The national average is down 17.5 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands 49.3 cents per gallon higher than a year ago, according to GasBuddy data compiled from more than 11 million weekly price reports covering over 150,000 gas stations across the country.
DIESEL - As for diesel, the national average price of diesel has declined 5.1 cents in the last week and stands at $4.88 per gallon. In Rutherford County, diesel is hovering around an average price of $4.11 per gallon.
More WGNS News Headlines:
- UPDATE: Shots Fired Call this past Saturday Night Outside of Local Mall on Old Fort Pkwy
- Sunday Afternoon Shooting - Man in Stable Condition
- MPD Canceled "BOLO" For Man in Alleged Liquor Store Theft
- Uncle Dave Macon Days in Murfreesboro at New Location This October
- Latest WGNS PODCAST: We recently talked to Schools Director Dr. Sullivan
- New WGNS Podcast: Host J. Paul Newman talks to Asst. Dist. Attorney about DUI Offenses in TN
- Rutherford Issues: Bryan Barrett talks to the Child Advocacy Center