(Murfreesboro, TN) The Murfreesboro Police Department is currently hiring to fill a variety of positions, some of which include patrol officers. Police Chief Michael Bowen told WGNS NEWS… Some of the most important qualifications include passing a physical ability test, passing drug and alcohol screenings, meeting vision requirements and meeting any lawful qualifications set by the Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission.
As an officer trainee, the starting pay rings in at $46,854. Once you’re a full time MPD Officer, step one pay is just over $51,600. Lateral transfer officers will start at the police officer pay. However, they may qualify for experience pay, up to five additional steps, depending on the number of years of law enforcement experience. However, the police officer pay salary table will change by mid-January. The Murfreesboro City Council approved a new Public Safety Pay Plan. See more on MPD Officer Pay HERE.
You can learn more about applying by visiting the City of Murfreesboro website and clicking on the link to the Police Department. For additional details, CLICK HERE. To see exactly what jobs are currently open within the Murfreesboro Police Department, the Fire Department or to find additional emergency responder employment opportunities, CLICK HERE (List of current job openings). If you are interested in working for the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office, or another department within the county, CLICK HERE.
More WGNS News Headlines:
- Murfreesboro, TN is the 3rd Fastest Growing City in USA
- How Many TN Residents Travel This Time of Year?
- Dangerous Windchill is Expected, Perhaps Deadly Windchill?
- Bill Passes to END Child Exploitation, thanks to Tennessee Congresswoman
- Colored Light Rings on Headlights, Dark Window Tint - What's Legal?
- State Rep. Bryan Terry sees changes to third grade literacy law
- League of Women Voters Hosting Book Discussion
- Shoplifting During the Holidays - Updated
- Smyrna Police Need Help with Attempted Robbery Case
- A Scooter, TV's, Clothes Shoplifted from Murfreesboro Store - Read More
- Murfreesboro Guardsman Graduates from U.S. Army Ranger School
- Dangerously COLD Weather and Your Electricity - Read More
- Lost or Missing Cellphone Scam - Subject Going from Home to Home - Read More
- Ginseng Research Continues at MTSU in Murfreesboro and Far Beyond - Read More