(Murfreesboro, TN) A future skatepark for skateboarders and more will be an impressive new addition for the Murfreesboro Parks and Rec Department. Parks and Rec Director Nate Williams told News Radio WGNS…
The future skatepark is staying on budget and the city plans to build it in Old Fort Park, where two pavillions once stood… The pricetag of the new skatepark will ring in at about $800-thousand.
Again, the city will use an existing parking lot for visitors, which will ultimately save taxpayers money. Once built, motorist driving down Old Fort Parkway will be able to see the new skatepark as they drive past Old Fort Park.
A BMX Pump Track is part of the plans, but the track may not be built in the same time-frame as the skatepark.
Additional WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Polar Bear Plunge and New Year's Day 5k in Murfreesboro
- Another Shoplifting Incident Reported - Read More
- How Much are Average Bills in Murfreesboro, Smyrna or LaVergne?
- Applications Being Accepted for the Discovery School
- More Phone Scams in Middle Tennessee - Beware
- Child Sex Abuse Victims Can Have a Hard Time During / After Holidays
- Middle Tennessee Electric Comments on Recent Blackouts
- Don’t Leave Leftover Boxes of Your Expensive Gifts Outside Your Home
- Silver Alert for Middle TN Man Cancelled
- Investigation into Christmas Murder on I-24 Continues
- New State Laws for 2023 Start on Sunday, January 1st