MURFREESBORO, TN - There was a serious auto accident on South Church Street near the entrance of Indian Hills subdivision on Tuesday. Police told WGNS News that a total of five people were taken to the hospital following the crash that involved an SUV, sedan and a city operated Rover bus (Click above or below photo to see additional pictures of the wreck).
The preliminary investigation shows the driver of a Buick Encore was heading northbound on S. Church and attempted to make a left turn, crossing three lanes of traffic and collided with the Rover Bus and a Kia sedan. The impact forced the Rover bus into a utility pole.
Middle Tennessee Electric and AT&T crews were called to the scene to remove and replace the broken utility pole.
Three passengers on the bus were taken to the hospital to be treated for injuries. The bus driver was not hurt. The driver and a passenger in the Buick were also taken to the hospital. The driver of the Kia was not injured. The driver of the Buick was issued a citation for failure to yield.
(Previous News Story) MURFREESBORO, TN - There was a serious auto accident on South Church Street near the entrance of Indian Hills subdivision on Tuesday. The wreck occurred around 2:30 in the afternoon. Traffic appeared to be stopped for at least two miles.
The accident happened in the outbound lane, heading towards Shelbyville. We have confirmed that a Rover city operated bus was involved in the mishap. The bus snapped a utility pole in half and Middle Tennessee Electric was on the scene.
WGNS was told by the Murfreesboro Police Department that a total of three vehicles were involved in the accident and injuries were reported. The extent of those injuries have not been released.
Additional WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Trial Date Set for 3rd and Final Suspect in Christiana Murder Case
- Rutherford County Woman Dies in Antioch Auto Accident
- Deadly Accident on I-840 on Tuesday Morning
- UPATE on 2020 Murder that left 22-year-old dead in Murfreesboro
- Missing 14-Year-Old in Murfreesboro
- Continued: Multiple LaVergne Police Officers Terminated After Sex Scandal
- NAACP President, History Professor to Headline MLK Observance
- JazzFest in Murfreesboro: The Show Must Go On!