Rutherford County, TN - Law enforcement agencies are asking area residents to show love to your valentine by driving safely Tuesday night and possibly into the early morning hours of Wednesday, the morning after Valentine's Day.
The Rutherford County Traffic Safety Task Force will help you get home safely by having law enforcement officers out and about to remind drivers to slow down, buckle up and stay focused on the road, said Murfreesboro Police Lt. Greg Walker. “We want to encourage everyone to make it home safely to their valentine so we will be looking specifically for hazardous moving violations that often contributing to a property damage or injury crash,” Walker said. He went on to state, “We will conduct both rolling and stationary enforcement.”
Task force officers throughout the county will enforce the traffic laws while driving and parked watching drivers between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday throughout Rutherford County. “We would love not to issue one citation,” Walker said.
Additional WGNS NEWS Stories:
- Woman Reported MISSING in Murfreesboro Safely Located in Chattanooga, TN
- Today’s Audio Commentary in the Commissioner Corner with Craig Harris
- Educators in TN, Teacher Pay, Student Safety and More
- Teen Dating Violence is Common and February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month
- Leadership Changes at Ascension Saint Thomas as Health System Looks to Future
- Legal Woes in the form of a Sexual Harassment Complaint for LaVergne Police
- New Rutherford County Fire & Rescrue Recruits Enter Week 3 of Training
- Rutherford Co. School Spotlight: LaVergne High School
- 4-Vehicle Rollover Accident in Smyrna Area this past Saturday
- One Person and Three Pets Die in Rutherford Co. Area House fire
- Serious Auto Accident in Murfreesboro this Past Friday