Rutherford County, TN - WGNS now has more news on a fatal home fire that occurred on Snell Road in Murfreesboro this past Thursday, February 9, 2023. The Rutherford County Fire Marshal’s office confirmed the victim of the fire has been identified as 68-year-old Obie Shipp who lived at 3701 Snell Road in Murfreesboro.
On the date of the fire, Rutherford County Fire Rescue Crews responded to the blaze at 9:38 P.M. to find the house was up-in-flames. Rutherford County Emergency Services, the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office, and the Christiana Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched to what was initially described as a residential structure fire. The intense blaze left Mr. Shipp and three of his pets deceased. One firefighter sustained injuries and was transported to an area hospital for minor injuries and was later discharged.
According to Rutherford County Assessor of Property Records, the home was built in 1987 and was owned by Obie Frank Shipp and his wife Jacqueline Shipp. The single-story house was just over 1,030 square feet in size.
Mr. Shipp is survived by his wife Jacqueline Shipp and one daughter, Jerri Lynn Shipp-Mendez. To see the complete obituary, visit the Murfreesboro Funeral Home.
The Rutherford County Fire Marshal’s Office is leading the investigation into what caused the fire, which remains under investigation.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Additional WGNS NEWS Stories:
- Big Rig Hauling Dumpster Catches on Fire on I-24 Monday in Smyrna
- MTSU, Siegel Humanities partnership allows high schoolers to celebrate creativity, community
- Romantic Valentine's Themed Orhestra on Thursday of This Week
- Senator Shane Reeves Votes for Legislation to Protect Children from Adult Entertainment
- Fatal Accidents are UP in Rutherford County Over First 43-Days of 2023
- Woman Reported MISSING in Murfreesboro Safely Located in Chattanooga, TN
- Today’s Audio Commentary in the Commissioner Corner with Craig Harris
- Educators in TN, Teacher Pay, Student Safety and More
- Teen Dating Violence is Common and February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month
- Leadership Changes at Ascension Saint Thomas as Health System Looks to Future
- Legal Woes in the form of a Sexual Harassment Complaint for LaVergne Police
- New Rutherford County Fire & Rescrue Recruits Enter Week 3 of Training
- Rutherford Co. School Spotlight: LaVergne High School
- 4-Vehicle Rollover Accident in Smyrna Area this past Saturday
- Serious Auto Accident in Murfreesboro this Past Friday