(MURFREESBORO, TENN.) Thanks to tips from our local community, a person of interest in the retail fraud and theft of merchandise case at Kohl's Department Store has been identified.
Previous to the warrant being obtained, authorities reported the unknown woman entered the Kohl's store on Old Fort Parkway and selected items from the salesfloor and then made her way to the checkout counter. Once at the cash register, police say that she successfully used someone else's identification to return the merchandise for a refund, which was credited to a gift card. The woman then selected additional merchandise and left the store without paying for it, according to the MPD. Detective Darryl Sanders continues to oversee the case, which will now move into the courts.
Since the theft was reported on-air and online, MPD Public Information Officer Larry Flowers told WGNS News, “Detective Sanders has obtained warrants for her arrest.” If anyone has more details on the Kohl’s case or another theft or fraud incident, you can contact Detective Darryl Sanders at 629-201-5639 or email him at email@example.com.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- UPDATE: Two to Appear for Trial in Rutherford County TennCare Fraud Case
- Oakland High School Senior is 2023 Play Like a Girl Trailblazer
- UPDATE: Bedford Co. Man to Face Sexual Exploitation of a Minor Charge
- Murfreesboro Police Attempt to Identify Elderly Female in Shoplifting Case
- 3-Students from Riverdale Recently Performed at Carnegie Hall
- New MTSU Education Dean Looks to Build Up Existing Excellence – Modernize to Best Serve Students
- Late TSSAA Historian Nelson Smotherman Remembered at State Tournament
- 25 Murfreesboro City Schools Teachers Receive Gifted Endorsement
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford goes Blue for Colon Health Month
- Colon Cancer is the 2nd Leading Cause of Cancer-Related Death for Adults