MURFREESBORO, TN - Shoplifting has been around since the turn of the century in America and since the opening of the first store or shop, there was shoplifting. Some have the money to buy the goods they need and shoplift for the thrill of it, while others shoplift because they lack the funds to pay for the extras, they think they may deserve in life. At the same time, some justify theft by saying they have to do it to feed their family, although that does not justify stealing from others and only takes away from someone else’s table, while also making merchandise more expensive for others.
From our shoplifting files, we bring you another story of theft. This one occurred at Walmart on Old Fort Parkway. There, a loss prevention worker who was walking the floor watched as two males picked up three sets of earbuds. After grabbing the audio headphones, the duo headed towards the door while failing to stop at checkout. In other words, the loss prevention worker reported to Murfreesboro Police that the two men never paid for the earbuds they lifted from the electronics section.
The suspects, both age 25 and both from McMinnville, Tennessee, were detained by the loss prevention worker until police arrived. Walmart officials reported the total value of the earbuds, which were recovered, equaled $59.64. When an MPD officer showed up, he talked to the loss prevention worker and then to the two suspects who were told they would be cited with a misdemeanor charge of theft / shoplifting.
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
More Interesting WGNS News Headlines:
- Over $1,000 in Candles Stolen from Murfreesboro Store
- Photos of “Persons of Interest” Released by Murfreesboro Police in Theft Case
- Man Arrested in Murfreesboro Allegedly Gives MPD 3-Different Names
- Make Sure You Thank a Nurse This Week
- Job Fair to be Held on June 9th in Murfreesboro
- Earbud Buddies Accused of Earbud Theft at Old Fort Pkwy Store
- MTSU High Jumper Aims for Olympics
- Drug Trafficking Intercepted in Murfreesboro Area
- 14-Year-Old Accused of Stealing a School Bus