MURFREESBORO, TN - Logging onto your favorite social media page and seeing a photo of your son or daughter is typically not a bad thing. But, that all changes if it's a security camera photo that's been released by the local police department suggesting your child is being labeled a “Person of Interest” in a crime. Arguably, such a scenario could be one of the top three items on the list of “Every Parent's Worst Nightmare.”
In this story, Murfreesboro Police report a man visiting Old Fort Park to play a wholesome game of tennis, realized his credit card had been lifted after receiving a call from his credit card company. That call let the victim know that his card or cards were being used at Lowe's and Target in the Sam Ridley Parkway area of Smyrna. Police say the incident happened this past month.
After receiving the initial call, the victim went to his van to confirm that someone had indeed stolen his credit cards from his wallet, along with a handful of cash. The unknown thief or thieves charged thousands of dollars at the two Smyrna stores, according to the MPD. However, police don't have any names to file a warrant or to make an arrest, which is why the MPD released photos of the subjects who checked out around the same time that the victims credit card or cards were used. Those photos contain what police are calling "Persons of Interest."
Murfreesboro Detectives are trying to track down the people responsible for the theft and for the big spending spree. The MPD asks, “If you know the persons of interest in the photos, please give Detective Aaron Gonzalez a call at 629-201-5638.”
Source: Murfreesboro Police Department
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- Man Arrested in Murfreesboro Could be Transported to California
- Commentary: Why Do Some Reporters Fail to Question Big Government
- AAA: Planning a Summer Vacation? You Should Do It Sooner Than Later!
- UPDATE: Man Accused of Murdering Wife 6-Days After his 80th Birthday
- 16-Year-Old Reported as Missing - Have You Seen Her?
- UPDATE: Murfreesboro Medical Clinic Reopens Some Locations
- California Man Arrested in Murfreesboro Police After MPD Intercepts Fentanyl Pills
- 1-Intruder Killed After Alleged Home Invasion
- 14-Year-old Accused of Stealing a School Bus just outside of Rutherford Co.
- Local Officers Honor Fallen Rutherford Co. Sheriff's Detective
- Unknown Subject Attempts to Break Into Murfreesboro Collectible Store
- Commentary by County Commissioner Craig Harris: All the Different Generations
- UPDATE: Saving AM Radio from Vehicles in the United States