RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TN - Next week, RCS administrators will undergo crisis response training for reunification.
When events that require evacuations occur at a school, staff must ensure efficient and accurate parent reunification with their students.
The RCS Safety team is led by Director of Safety Patty Oeser and Assistant Director Sean Martin.
Reunification is an important step in the process after a critical incident has taken place. The first step after any major incident is to ensure all our students, teachers, and staff are safe, the safety team said.
In order to help plan and practice successful reunifications, the “I Love U Guys” Foundation and Raptor Technologies (T-REx) have partnered to provide reunification training and exercises. The program combines widely adopted Standard Response Protocal (SRP) and Standard Reunification Method (SRM) with Raptor’s reunification software.
According to the safety team, once it is established that everyone is safe, it is at this point the team turns its attention to accountability and reunification. The end goal is to safely reunite our students with their families as quickly as possible.
The classroom training, which takes place Tuesday and Wednesday, will focus on functional demonstrations and exercises to prepare RCS administrators to conduct an actual reunification of students with their parents or guardians in the event of an evacuation.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- City of Murfreesboro Impact Fee on New Home Construction and More
- Rutherford County Mayor Aims to Establish an Impact Fee or Development Tax
- Hundreds of Dollars in Liquor Allegedly Shoplifted in Murfreesboro
- A Soldier’s Child Announces NEW Solid Black Specialty License Plate
- Over $1,400 in Scented Candles Reportedly Stolen in the 'Boro
- 250 Citations Issued by Traffic Task Force in Rutherford County in 12-Hours
- One Arrested for Attempted Murder in Murfreesboro
- UPDATE: Mixed-Use Development in Downtown Murfreesboro Still Moving Forward
- Rutherford County Schools will Completely Rezone All Local Schools
- UPDATE: Suspect in Franklin, TN Teen Sexual Groping Case Arrested
- UPDATE: 4-Year-Old Dies in Shooting at a Nashville Intersection
- APPEAL DENIED: Man Files Appeal After THC Related DUI and Sentencing
- Nashville Superspeedway and Rackley Roofing Show Support for MTSU Daniels Center
- House and Senate Members from Rutherford Co. Push for Better Updates to Hospital Bed Availability