FRANKLIN, TN - On Friday, Franklin Police asked for the public’s help to identify a man who was accused of sexually groping a 14-year-old in the men’s restroom of the Williamson County AMC Thoroughbred 20 Cinema. Now, Franklin PD reports the suspect is now behind bars.
27-Year-old Gabriel Ward of Columbia, Tennessee was charged with the Class-E Felony of Sexual Battery and is being held in the Williamson County Jail on the $20,000 bond set by the Magistrate. Authorities reported that Ward is a convicted felon and the alleged assault against the teen occurred when he was reportedly out of custody and on probation. During the tireless investigation, Franklin Detectives used information from citizen tips to help lead to Ward’s identification.
“No one, especially one of our community’s kids, should be assaulted the way this teen was,” said Lt. Charlie Warner. “The victim, his parents, and our team are all relieved by the suspect’s quick identification and arrest. We’re beyond thankful for an engaged community who played a big part in helping to make that happen.” As of Thursday evening, Ward was still behind bars in the Williamson County Jail.
Source: Franklin Police Department
DISCLAIMER: All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The arrest records or information about an arrest that are published or reported on NewsRadio WGNS and www.WGNSradio.com are not an indication of guilt or evidence that an actual crime has been committed.
Additional WGNS News Headlines:
- City of Murfreesboro Impact Fee on New Home Construction and More
- Rutherford County Mayor Aims to Establish an Impact Fee or Development Tax
- A Soldier’s Child Announces NEW Solid Black Specialty License Plate
- One Arrested for Attempted Murder in Murfreesboro
- UPDATE: Mixed-Use Development in Downtown Murfreesboro Still Moving Forward
- Rutherford County Schools will Completely Rezone All Local Schools
- UPDATE: Suspect in Franklin, TN Teen Sexual Groping Case Arrested
- UPDATE: 4-Year-Old Dies in Shooting at a Nashville Intersection
- APPEAL DENIED: Man Files Appeal After THC Related DUI and Sentencing
- Nashville Superspeedway and Rackley Roofing Show Support for MTSU Daniels Center
- House and Senate Members from Rutherford Co. Push for Better Updates to Hospital Bed Availability