(RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TENN) Gas prices in Tennessee are up and down. Right now, the average price of regular unleaded fuel in the Volunteer State is at $3.33 per gallon. The national average is sitting at $3.74 per gallon. On Tuesday in Rutherford County, the average price of regular unleaded is ringing the bell at $3.22 per gallon.
If we leave out some of the more rural gas stations throughout Rutherford County, it brings the average price at the pump down to $3.15 per gallon, which means Rutherford County is one of the cheapest places to buy gas in the United States. Just last week, that price came in at $3.27 per gallon. The current price of $3.15 per gallon equals a .12-cent drop in gas prices (on average).
In Murfreesboro, the average price is sitting at $3.05 per gallon. Smyrna places second in the race for cheap gas at $3.16 per gallon (regular). LaVergne gas stations are charging an average of $3.23 per gallon right now.
DIESEL: For diesel fuel, the average in Rutherford County is resting at $4.61 per gallon. Murfreesboro maintains the win for having the least expensive price at the pump in the diesel category at $4.51 per gallon for diesel. Smyrna comes in second at $4.63 per gallon and LaVergne prices are averaging $4.68 per gallon (diesel).
Other WGNS NEWS Headlines:
- Suspect who allegedly escaped from custody apprehended in Auburntown, TN
- Public Meeting on Wednesday about Middle TN Electric / City of Murfreesboro Land Swap
- Rifles and Ammo Stolen from Christiana - Fosterville Area Home
- Jogger who was kidnapped in Memphis, TN believed to be found dead - One arrested
- Gas Station in Smyrna where Clerk was Murdered to Donate .50-Cents Per Gallon to Family of Nick Patterson
- Purse Theft - Rutherford Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating
- Early Tuesday Morning Accidents on I-24 in Murfreesboro / 1-Seriously Injured